Sunday 9 June 2013

Exam Cheer(s)

Sorry. My blog posts have been absent this week, all thanks to my ongoing struggle with revision for my political science exam next week. When I read the books they make perfect sense, then I close them and zoom, whatever I thought I knew just disappears, gone. Maybe I should just leave the books open and never shut them.

Yesterday I threw myself into...watching a borrowed copy of Underbelly: Badness. Today, however, after taking the DVDs back, going to the supermarket to get cat biscuits and having a nap, I really threw myself into it. No, stop laughing, I did, in fact I've just finished a revision session where I incorporated my new secret weapon, beer. (OK, yes, you're right, it's the same secret weapon I always use so it's not much of a secret, or much of a weapon come to that)

I'm not sure I can class it as performance enhancing, but I did just write four short practice essays in less than two hours. On the day I have to write three essays in two hours, though now I think about it, they have to be legible essays that make some sort of sense. Maybe there's a correlation between previous beer drinking and the fact that I can never close a textbook ever again?

I'm certain a calming beer before the big event would be a great way to settle the nerves but I think I'd be more inclined to stay in the pub than turn up for the exam. Maybe the uni would be okay if I arrived at the exam with a six-pack? Some people bring Tic-Tacs or gum, why should I be singled out because of a few beers and/or a hip flask? 

We're living in a democracy and not an authoritarian state after all. Hang on, maybe something did sink in. Let's drink to that, cheers!









No comments:

Post a Comment