Friday 22 March 2013

Retail Therapy For The Poor: You're a uni student now...

Before I was an unemployed uni student, back when I had a job and money, a trip to the shops often involved shopping for something fun and exciting like an iPad or a new camera. Today's shopping trip was to buy one of those little gadgets that spread a metal clip open so you can clip your papers together.

In my political science tutorial we have to be prepared to present a journal article that loosely (come on, we're first year students!) relates to what's been covered in that week's lecture. Next week we're covering political ideology and I've found a paper that compares
how Australian political parties tend to believe or debunk climate change depending on political party and ideology (for those interested, The Greens believe it's real,  Labor does too. Liberal/National politicians debunk it...environment/people vs money making.)


My problem was the article was just too big for my stapler. I had a cunning plan to use the big one in the uni library but it was too thick for that too (and I apologise to all the people I disturbed yesterday morning trying to whack a staple through half a ream of paper). Short of drilling a hole through it and using a nut and bolt, I thought one of these clip thingies would be the way to go. I've never used one before. If it all goes well, I'll say no more about it but if it all goes horribly wrong, and I take out an eye (mine or someone else's) while using it, in the spirit of the new age blogger, I promise to share any medical reports on-line.


No comments:

Post a Comment