Tuesday 9 April 2013

iPhone Battery Back-up

A few months ago I was watching a show on SBS about the Christchurch Earthquake. It featured a lot of footage taken straight after the quake, presumably from mobile phones.

I got to wondering whether my iPhone battery would last long enough to record video and take photos if I were caught in a similar situation. I looked around on the internet and found a few fairly expensive cases with built-in battery before finding one for about $25 on the Jaycar website.

I've been using it for a while now and am quite pleased with the results. The case itself doesn't add too much bulk to the phone, though it's a little too long to fit in the belt pouch I had. You can switch the battery on or off as needed. If you leave it on, it will discharge the in-case battery before your phone battery; when charging it charges your phone before the in-case battery. It even has a little pullout stand on the back so you can watch movies.

I'm sure plenty of people would find it useful, not just would-be journalism students.

No comments:

Post a Comment