Thursday 4 April 2013

What's Your Poison?

I'm always happy to help out with bad alcohol purchases. I don't mean hangover bad, I mean those drinks marketed and packaged so well that they look fantastic in the bottle-shop but when you actually get them home and try them, you wish your taste buds had been surgically removed at birth. Get a really bad one and you'd do it yourself with a pair of pliers.

Cyndi is one of these shoppers. Mostly she sticks to her tried and true favourites but once in a while she'll see a new product and give it a try.  Usually she'll have picked a winner but sometimes she'll get a dud, which is where I come in (I'm still talking drinks here by the way!).  Her misfortune is my good luck, though my liver might have cause to disagree. It means I get to work my way through her unwanted purchases. I have to admit that this time even I'm struggling. Belgian cider with red fruits certainly isn't a Holmes family favourite. I suspect that it's sweet enough to bring on diabetes, the sugar is already giving me a headache and I've only had two. Still, I'm not a quitter and we've got plenty of Panadol, so I think I'm set for the night. Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. This my friend is a blog I can relate to! Thankyou. And, you're certainly not a dud Christopher, you're a dude! :-)

    ReplyDelete